Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Interesting blogs

While I am writing my blog, I should share some other great blogs that I read or have looked at. My personal favorite is If you are interesting in VC or startups, this is the place to be. It is written by Fred Wilson, co-founder of Union Square Ventures. I had the pleasure of having him visit one of my classes at bschool and he is a great speaker on tech,vc, and everything else. He really provides great insights.

Another article that is interesting is:

That is specifically addresses why MBAs may not be the best for startups. I can't say that I fully disagree. The article makes some good points but I will address that later. It seems to dismiss the value of cases and make them sound like they are simply a history lesson. I agree that, for the most part, bschools rely heavily on cases and the case method but there is some value there regardless. It is difficult to really learn to start a business in a classroom setting, regardless of whether you do cases, case competitions, presentations or whatever. It is still in a safe setting.

A little bit of rambling and defending on my part but I think people are quick to dismiss the MBA value in startups, tech companies, and entrepreneurship.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!
    Deepak Perwani collection