Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So how did I get here?

Hello All,

Well, it has been two weeks at my product management job. It has been interesting to say the least. To start from the beginning, I should give some background about myself. I did my undergrad at an engineering school with a focus on information technology / m.i.s. After my undergrad, I worked at a large Technology consulting firm in NYC focused on the public sector. I worked as a business analyst/consultant to learn the business processes and create documentation to support development. I was involved in the entire SDLC for 3 years. I then decided to get my MBA even though I hadn't fully thought it through. Sure, everyone can write a great essay one what they want to do but in the end, only 25% of the hardcore students really know, everyone else decides as they go along. While I took mostly finance classes as electives outside of my core, I ended up doing more consulting for my summer internship. After that internship, I decided I wanted to get out of consulting and definitely get out of public sector.

After taking some technology classes with some great professors, I decided I wanted to stay in the tech space but move to product management and strategy. I applied to tons of jobs, interviewed at several places, but eventually decided that a startup was for me. Once I received an offer, I mulled it over for a few days but I was on board soon. So I packed up my stuff and made my move immediately to Miami. So here I am, no real contacts/friends in the area, a new startup company, and a completely new city. This should be exciting. I will try to update this blog to share my thoughts about working at a small / tech startup firm from the MBA perspective and from my own opinion. Hope people enjoy and those who are considering the same have some input.

Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete